Have you tried it yet? Cold brew is the latest process to hit the coffee world. But if you find yourself asking “what’s the big deal?”, you’re not alone. Here’s what we know — cold brew really is a game changer!
- Unlike hot brewed coffee that extracts flavor over a short time, cold brew traditionally takes 12 – 24 hours to produce a brew that is a less acidic and more smooth coffee.
- It’s healthier for you! When coffee is processed with hot water it loses some of its natural health benefits. Cold brew helps retain antioxidants and beneficial nutrients.
- Cold brew has a sweeter taste. It extracts flavor compounds and leaves behind bitter oils and fatty acids. All that’s left is a delicious tasting coffee.
- Less acid means it’s better for your stomach and teeth. Cold brew is actually 67 percent less acidic than hot brewed coffee.
- The cold brew process also gives you increased caffeine. A perfect cup of cold brew can give you that morning boost you need.
- Just because it’s cold brewed doesn’t mean you have to drink it cold. You can enjoy cold brew hot or cold!
And now you can enjoy cold brew at the office. Rent a cold brew draft coffee kegerator and supply your employees with coffee on draft for “flat” iced coffees. Contact us for details at SouthForkCoffee.com.